Blog Archive

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Journey of Change


The only constant in life is change. I am not sure where I heard that phrase, but I’ve adopted it as my motto.  A way of dealing with change, so that when it does come - I expect it.  My husband says that I like change a bit too much.  He is fine with things the way they are, staying with the same job for 25 years, even eating the same meal from Sheetz twice a week.  I can’t do it!  It’s not in my nature to stay the same. I like to try new things, and if things stay the same for too long I might just rearrange the furniture just to see what it’s like!

If statistics are correct, I am in the minority. Most people don’t like change. So I call myself a “seeker.”  My life verse is “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you as well.” Matthew 6:33.  God calls us to something more.   Knowing this, I can’t stop looking. Searching. Seeking.

This blog is about this journey of change. I am not sure where it is going, just as I am not sure what the future holds. But maybe you will find a little of yourself in the words I write. Nonetheless, for me it will be a road not traveled before.  A new first. One I am excited to begin.  So I am praying for direction & grabbing a pair of comfortable shoes for the journey. I expect this may take a while…

2 comments :

  1. I think I'll walk with you through your words! God bless your journey, Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see where your journey takes you!

    ReplyDelete