Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Delighting in Obedience

Only 7 days left.  Fear.  Excitement.  Courage. Obedience.


 I have become eager to make my calling a reality.  Leaving the comfort of a full-time job, with nice pay and benefits, to enter the unknown.  An unchartered path of relying totally on God for my needs.  For my familys needs.

The more I move towards spending time in study for my terminal degree in nursing, the more I become more excited to gain time.  Time I have not had for so many years.  Time I have lost chasing after the wrong things in life.  Until I had the courage to make a change.  To live in obedience to God's will.

Time.  Time to read, and read, and READ.  The piles of books I have lying about the house on my night stand, in the corner of my bedroom, on the bookshelf, on the table beside the couch, on the floor next to the couch  these books are calling my name.  So many of them, begging for me to continue to seek God.  

So I will.  Read/study/investigate/digest Gods Word.  Let it seep through my bones and into my soul.

Time. Time to be still.  To listen.  To pray.  To hear Gods voice.  To enjoy the quiet.

Time. Time to worship my Lord.  My absolute favorite thing to do. Time to sit with my guitar and just sing to Him alone.  
Psalm 103:1 Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name!

Oh yes, and there will be more time to plan.  To eat healthier meals.  To exercise regularly.  But I will do so because I am empowered and FULL from being Obedient to God. 

FREEING!  That is the best word I can use to describe this process.

I watched the finale of Season 15 of the Biggest Loser last night, and my favorite quote of the night was from David, who said The hardest step was the first one. 

My friend, whatever you are struggling with right now, you can overcome it.  You have the courage within you through the power of the Holy Spirit to make a CHANGE.  To be OBEDIENT to Gods calling on your life.  You are created for MORE! 

Will you step out in faith today?  Will you put all of your trust in Jesus, claiming victory?!!  David stepped out as a boy and took down a giant.  You, too, CAN make the changes you need to.  To become the YOU God created you to be...

Let me leave you with a song to be empowered.  To listen only to The Voice of Truth.

The Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns

9 comments :

  1. Thank you for the encouragement today. I love the song choice too. Best of luck to you for whatever new adventure you are embarking on.
    Blessings, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary,
      Thank you so much for the encouragement! Blessings to you on your journeys!
      Wendy

      Delete
  2. Wendy, thank you for the glimpse into your heart. It echoed so much with me as my husband and I are in a 'time' just like that - a time of unemployment offered to The Lord to seek His face. Your obedience was a great encouragement to me today and a comfort to remember what a blessing this time is! Enjoy the books!!
    Sarah Travis (OBS Small Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah, Kindred hearts! I feel created for such a time as this... as a seeker, it is exciting. As a person previously grounded in the world, it's a bit scary. Thank you for reminding me that I am not alone... Blessings to you and your husband in this season! Wendy

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Wendy, for sharing from your heart and how God is calling you to seek Him first. What a time of refreshment!!! ~Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacey! My life verse is Matthew 6:33 - looking forward to living it out. Woohoo! :-) Blessings, Wendy

      Delete
  4. What an interesting and beautiful take on OBEDIENCE! Thanks for visiting my own blog because it allowed me to find yours. Blessings in this journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you enjoy your new found time and congrats on taking that leap of faith! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost here!! Thank you for your encouragement, Lori!

      Delete